1. Favorite Book - this was a really tough call. Once I left the corporate world I re-discovered a love of reading and have read 25+ books this year. However, I think The Help was probably my favorite.
2. Favorite Movie - The Young Victoria. Friends and I started a Chick Flick Movie Club this year. We had 30+ people coming to check out at least one movie throughout the year. We saw a lot of duds ("The Killers", "Bounty Hunters"...) but everyone who saw The Young Victoria loved it - me included. I have always liked the two main actors and the story of Queen Victoria in her early years was really well told.
3. Favorite Trip - California. We took several great trips this year. The boys and I had a great time touring all the way around Lake Michigan with my mom! We visited several places during our tips south. But California had to be my favorite for the year. From Coronado Island to Balboa Park to San Juan Capistrano to Santa Monica - it was a fantastic week touring Southern California.
4. Favorite TV Character - Wilson on House, MD. Of course, House himself is also fantastic, but every line Wilson utters has me cracking up. I could watch an hour of just those two actors reading a Chinese menu each week and be perfectly entertained.
5. Favorite New Hobby - Piano. I started practicing piano again this year. I'm definitely a novice and don't read music that well (except the first octave from Middle C to the next C!) but I focused on persistence. I made some gains, but am going to start true lessons in 2011. I'm hoping to make more progress this year!
Happy New Year!