Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall 2012

Hello!  A brief break in the Hawaii posts to share some other photos from this Fall.  I still can't believe September is already over, and now October is almost over!
 
I got to attend some really fun events this fall.
 
**WARNING - many photos ahead**
 
 
I attended a great annual meeting in September with friends.  The community fund contributes to grants that support local families and not-for-profits.  It's a unique organization that I've been a member of for a couple of years but had not attended one of their events.  Never again will I miss one!  It was such fun!
 
Here I am with church friends at the event (Kelly, Cindy, Clare, and Sunny) - we rock!
 

 
At the event I won a door prize!  It was sooo exciting!  It was a monstrous basket filled with all sorts of unique Coke items, donated from our local bottling company.  Thomas immediately commandeered the cool chair-with-built-in-cooler and mini transistor radio.
 
 
Canadian Brass!
I'm on the board of our local Philharmonic.  I got to chauffeur these handsome men around for a couple of days.  Our conductor is the 3rd from the left.  Canadian Brass performed with our Philharmonic orchestra.  They were absolutely amazing.  Check them out on youtube!

 
I also participated in an adult spelling bee last month, to raise funds for our local Literacy Program.  Brennan and David cheered our team on.

 
I even made the paper.  The photographer took tons of photos while I was sitting up there.  I hope I had better posture at least part of the time!  It was a ton of fun.  We came in 3rd.

 
Brennan chose to take gymnastics and he absolutely loves it.  It's an all boys class.  There he is, up on the right balance beam.

 
We joined friends at our local independent theater for a viewing of Raiders of the Lost Ark on the BIG SCREEN!  It was awesome!!!  Harrison Ford was soo young.  I vividly remember watching it for the first time in our theater in Bamberg, Germany in 1982 with friends.  I bought a Coke and popcorn for $1.25 and the movie was $.75.  I was just a little younger than Thomas is here!
 
I remember thinking the part with the man's melting face was super gross.  I think it's Brennan's favorite part.

 
After the movie we went across the street for dinner with our friends.  Brennan got his favorite - sushi!  (gag)

 
I got to attend a women's spiritual retreat last month.  It was my first time to attend one and it was great!  We went to our local presbytery's camp (where the boys also go to camp in the summer).  It was a gorgeous fall day on the lake!

 
We have these great community courses available in the Fall.  Mary and I attended this one led by a local chef (and former corporate executive chef) - Chef Gregory.  He did a great dinner of Fall Favorites.  We had a delicious dinner and left with numerous recipes.  Can't wait to try them out!

 
 
Dave and Rosann hosted Wine Club in October - Oktoberfest was the theme! 
Great people, great food, great German wine and beer.



Buster and Emma helped mom and dad host Oktoberfest and it was so great to see them both!
Emma's going to be a big sister in about a week!


 
Awesome decorations along with the awesome food!

 
Gorgeous cookies that Rosann made!


Right after returning from Hawaii we got to celebrate David's birthday!
I asked the boys to be in charge of wrapping his gifts before we left.  It's usually "boring" like CD's and books, but it's Dad's birthday so it's OK :)
 
They decided to make it extra fun by wrapping up the gifts in very creative ways.
 
Thomas wrapped this box.  Note to self - we're out of duct tape.


The boys LOVE celebrating with Dad!

 
Brennan thought this was hilarious.  He wrapped David's new swim shirt just like a shirt.
He couldn't get over his own cleverness.  He loved it.

 
No one tell Thomas that I took this picture, or have put it on the blog.
This is their dance party to David's new Green Day CD.


Brennan had his first orthodontist visit on Wednesday.  At that time we were told he needed to have 4 teeth extracted and get a retainer.  Stat.  I was a little shocked by the suddenness, but we knew it was coming.  Thankfully, David was able to take Brennan for the extractions.  They were both calm about the whole situation, unlike me.
 
Here's Brennan as he heads to the dentist with Dad.

 
David sent me this one while the numbing medicine was taking effect, which took awhile.  Brennan decided to read David's Economist magazine.  Calm kid.

 
And today.  4 top teeth gone.  He's doing great!  He made it to Spanish School this morning, and his youth group activity this afternoon.  Such a trooper!
 
 
Phew, and I think that catches up on all the happenings this Fall!
 
 
 


No comments: