Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Saturday, February 2, 2019

January 2019

January started very calm and pleasant and ended with a bang of extreme cold.  We got to enjoy a 60 degree swing in the weather last month!

We ended our 13 week hiking streak with the dogs in early January, taking in a couple more hikes in Brown County State Park.




Brennan was installed as a youth deacon at church.  He'll serve for a year - this is a big step for him and we are so proud!

Walking into work one morning I saw this beautiful sky behind our courthouse.  I had to take a quick pick.

Bianca hosted the Litwits for our 70th book - "Driven" by Melissa Stephenson.  Such a beautiful read that takes place in two of my towns - Columbus and Athens, Ga.  We took a sugar cream pie because Indiana.  Bianca served an amazing meal and we had such fun discussing the book!



The first round of snow came in early January and Brennan and I built a snowman, with a little help.


I have wanted to play Bingo for years and friends and I went to the Moose on a cold Sunday and played!  It was a lot of fun.  I remember playing with my mom at the Officers Club in Germany when I was about 10.  

David and I joined friends to head to The Brick - local legendary spot for greasy burgers and American beer.  A fun night!



We took Brennan to Louisville for his 17th birthday!  I was so glad Thomas could join us.  We started at the Melting Pot where we enjoyed delicious fondues.  We had to take the leftovers to our hotel. 


David took the boys to Mega Caverns the next morning to zipline in the caverns.  It is probably a good thing I missed this - it may have been too much for me!

We had lunch at Taco Luchador, ice cream at the Comfy Cow palace and checked out Cave Hill Cemetery, the historical graves and Col. and Mrs. Sanders, and Muhammad Ali's.


We ended the trip at Flame Run where Brennan blew a glass ornament.  It turned out GREAT!


Bailey also had a birthday last month!  He is now 5 and had his first teeth cleaning, which was not his favorite outing.



He loves his blanket from Aunt Shelly and his new cow.

Finally we attended Dancing with the Stars - Columbus Style to cheer on our friends Ginger and Patrick who were competing against 8 other couples -all to raise funds for local children's charities.  Their dance was THE BEST and we were so proud of them!  Table 11! 


A quick pick of my friend Vinita the night of DWTS.  We've been friends for a long time and we never get to sit together at these events and just catch up!


We at thrilled that the negative degree weather has turned into 40s and 50s this weekend.  Hoping to get in another hike if at all possible!


No comments: