Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Friday, April 8, 2016

January 2016


A very mild January!


I'm not sure how this happens, but I'm behind again on the blog!  I love having important photos from every month in one place, so it's important to me to keep updating, even if I use facebook much more for photo sharing these days!

We did have a couple of days of snow, but not too bad.  I love our house in winter!


Had a lot of fun with friends in January.  David and I hosted the Litwits where we discussed "The Girl on the Train". 



A cocktail and charcuterie board at Savory Swine was the perfect antidote to a snowy Sunday.



We also went to Dancing with the Stars-Columbus Style to cheer on our friend Mike.  The annual event raises money for Family School Partners.  This year the theme was superheroes (see Wolverine in the back).  A great night and Mike and his partner Charlotte were awesome!


And Brennan turned 14!  A fun day/evening with friends over.  They watched "Ferris Buehler" after a long day of video gaming.  They loved the movie.


He loves his biography that a friend got him.  They know him so well!



For Brennan's birthday the 4 of us went to Indy for an afternoon.  We had fun at The Escape Room and then lunch at Buca di Beppo's - Brennan's favorite.




These boys are getting so big!




Brennan's official 14th birthday photo




Dad got Bailey a new sweater for the winter.  He begrudgingly modeled it for me.





Clearly January was Brennan's month.  He started volunteering weekly at the Animal Care Services center.


And Brennan and I spent a day at Perfect North slopes.  He loves learning to ski.  It was actually a warm 55 degree day and a lot of fun.


Thomas's robotics team was very busy in January.  The challenge this year was to build a robot that could pick up a ball and toss it through a structure like this one they built.  It's pretty impressive really!



And I'll end with Bailey's 2nd birthday.  Of course we had to have a party with all the small puppy friends (Colby, Snickers, Abbie, Jack, and Bailey with humans Gigi, Thomas, Brian, and Brennan).



Officially 2 years old.  Actually in dog years that's 14 so I have two 14 year olds right now!

Blurred for modesty's sake :)







No comments: