Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Saturday, April 16, 2016

March 2016

In March I took an architectural walking tour to prepare for leading this kind of tour myself.  It may be my favorite tour that I lead.  I had a lot of fun and took a few photos.





David and I saw Ramin Karimloo at a Cabaret performance with the Philharmonic.  People flew in from Brazil and Canada to see him perform in our town!  Fun night!


We got to celebrate Dr. Able's 84th birthday with family and friends!
By the way - he eats a piece of pie along with blueberries, walnuts, and a wedge of cheese every morning for breakfast.  Secret of success!


David, Brennan, and I went to the high school's production of "Grease".  Hard to believe the boys will be in high school together in just a few months! 



Brennan participated in the state math competition with his middle school teams.  He's on the far left.

I can't remember what we were celebrating with Thomas (end of a great 3rd quarter maybe), but David and I took him to his favorite restaurant - Zaharakos.


David had to travel to Vancouver during Brennan's spring break.  We missed him at the regional robotics competition and on our trip to Chicago for a college visit and the Art Institute museum tour.  We had a lot of fun in the Windy City since it was St. Patrick's week!








Violet and I had lunch (with a prop green beer) on St. Patrick's Day!

And before David traveled again, we spent a chilly Sunday afternoon together in Indy.  First for some delicious Spanish food at nada, then touring the Indianapolis Museum of Art.




Our friend Jonathan became a sommelier and I attended his spring wine event.  The wines were delicious, but the dinner with friends afterward was super fun.

We got to have a puppy play date with Coco!



David and Brennan had a great Easter weekend in Mississippi, but Thomas and I celebrated by going to the sunrise service at church, then to our friends' house on the lake for a delicious lunch, canoeing, Easter egg hunting, puppy time, and a pontoon ride.  What a perfect day.


Scott and Mike hiding Easter eggs.  This is our 12th year.  The kids are older so we have to make it trickier.



After we finished our taxes but before David headed to Dubai for a month!! we had a date night. 
We went to Taxman Brewery for our own Death & Taxes event - delicious dinner and some ales (David) and cider (me).
I want to take the boys someday too - the restaurant is great.


And the Litwits read and discussed "What Alice Forgot", set in Australia. 
We had an Australian/New Zealand themed evening of delicious food and wine.

No comments: