Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mike and Mary Bought the Farm

No, no not like you're thinking!
With chickens and a garden and a farmhouse.

The boys and I headed to visit Miss Mary yesterday at the Farm!

They were hesitant on the ride out about the chickens.  Turns out they weren't that interested in us, and were happy to have us in their coop.




I would have paid money to see the chickens climbing this ladder into the place where they lay their eggs.  It's amazing.  I encouraged them to head to the ladder, but they weren't interested.


And these long sticks are the roosts where they perch and sleep at night.  Again, I would love to see that.  How do they get up there?  I thought chickens didn't really fly?  I have so much to learn.


Brennan looks worried, sticking his hand in to retrieve the eggs, he really wasn't.


Thomas, on the other hand, wasn't so sure.


Miss Mary also let us pick some lettuce for today's lunch.
I'd never picked lettuce before.  We got two varieties, plus some white radishes so we're set!

Brennan is most excited about the eggs though.  He has big plans for breakfast this morning for these!



No comments: