Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April 2019

Hello and Happy May!  

It's finally (maybe) warming up here in Indiana.  I'm so tired of cold.  I say that every year I think!  Here are a few highlights from our April.

Thomas jumped off a retaining wall/tall curb on the way back from class to his dorm one evening and broke his heel.  He had surgery and moved to a cast and now he has a boot.  He still can't put any weight on it and I'm sure he's tired of the whole ordeal.  Hopefully with Physical Therapy he'll be able to put some weight on it soon.  Poor kid!



We celebrated my friend April's birthday with a girls movie night at the house.  Mini cupcakes were the perfect treat.

Bailey and Remy are doing well.  Here's proof that they get along OK.  (They love their personalized blankets, Aunt Shelly)


Out doing errands with Mom.

Brennan is heading to Prom this weekend!  I'm so proud of him for stepping outside his comfort zone.  He is going with his friend Dee who recently moved out of town.  She is coming back and they are going with a large group of friends.  I'm sure they'll have a ton of fun!  Here he is being fitted for a tux jacket.


We had a lot of fun at the Towsleys for Easter lunch.  We took the dogs and it was a perfect spring day.  We had our annual Easter egg hunt for the "kids" (who are now graduated from college, in college, or high school juniors!) and the kids hid adult beverages for us to find.




And I got to spend time with one of my favorite people in the world, Renee!  We met up in Charleston before she and Mike moved to Japan.  We had a ball.  We stayed at a sweet Air B-n-B near Folly Beach and we saw all the sites and ate the most delicious food.  I think Charleston has the best restaurants anywhere in the U.S.

At the Citadel







Waterfront Park



 Sweetgrass baskets in City Market


Downtown

.

Folly Beach.  It was not cold, just overcast for a few minutes that evening.



Angel Oak tree - so pretty!


And finally, Charleston Tea Plantation - the only one in America!  I learned so much about the production of tea.  A beautiful place with a sweet Visitors Center and trolley tour of the plantation grounds.



David also made a quick trip to Mississippi to see family, but he made it back in time for Easter this year. A great month, and now we're into May!  Prom, last days of school for both boys, new jobs for the boys, and a fun trip for me.  Looking forward to the summertime!


No comments: