Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

November 2021

 

November just flew by.  Lots of fun, but lots of work too.  Here are some highlights.

We saw Kevin Costner at the Brown County Music Theater.  Did you know he sings?  Laura and I got tickets for us and the guys because they watch Yellowstone.  Kevin Costner was very aware that the women dragged the men there and that the men knew none of his songs.  It was a fun night in Little Nashville.




The venue is really great too - not a bad seat in the house and really comfortable.


I did not realize I was such a big Kevin Costner fan, but then I remembered the poster in my dorm room at Cottey College.  I think I was a Crash Davis (Bull Durham) fan more than anything.

Oh and it turns out Tricia Yearwood and Garth Brooks were in the audience that night.  Tricia's nephew who pops up on her cooking show from time to time works for Cummins so we see him pretty regularly, and she is in town sometimes too.


A couple of nice hikes at Brown County State Park.  Amazing how much the leaves change in just a week.



Our book club, the Litwits, headed to Hog Molly brewery last month.  Great conversation, food, and spirits.


We celebrated Karen's 65th at Board and Brush in Greenwood.  
I made a nice wooden tray that I use downstairs.  Other friends made seasonal decorations.  It was a lot of fun!




On the drive to the Kevin Costner concert our friend Jan told us about seeing the Beatles in the front row in Indianapolis when she was a senior in high school - 1964.  I couldn't believe it!  I asked if she had seen one of my favorite movies, "That Thing You Do".  She hadn't!  So we had Roger, Jan, Gene, and Laura over for dinner and a watch party.  So fun!



The boys love it when I go in our little theater room.  They have their own seats :)


Thanksgiving was great.  Thomas and Brennan were both home for a few days.  We cooked together, had some meals together, played some games, watched tv, it was terrific.  Thanksgiving Day we spent with our friends the Borowskis and Towsleys as we do most years.  We also spent time with the Lirettes since Ginger's birthday was on Thanksgiving!

It looks like this was the only Thanksgiving photo I took, with David's sample of Mike's craft beer.


And finally, a magnificent tree a couple of weeks ago.  I had to stop the car and walk to get a good photo.  Just beautiful!

And David captured this photo of Remy after Thanksgiving break.  I feel the same.  Work is incredibly challenging right now.  I get through knowing we have some fun adventures in the works.  Bring it on!



No comments: