Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Friday, July 10, 2009

Our House (in the middle of our street)

Stacy came last week and took some great photos of our home. Thought I'd share a few. She's coming back because in her eyes the grass is too "green" and she'd like to take more in better light. I'm fortunate to know such an artist!

We live in a neighborhood with a lot of pretty lots, and no two houses look the same.


We especially love all the mature trees - although David has different feelings come November leaf raking time.


Our famous rock - it's a great landmark to find our house, and it's a lot of fun to play on for the kids.


I will always associate Tiger Lilies with Thomas. They bloom around his birthday every year and we have them out by the pool where he has his party. Orange is his favorite color and tigers are his favorite animal. They're just his flower I guess.


The weeping cherry on the left is beautiful in the spring.


Day lilies. They're so hearty. Luckily we have planted a lot of hearty varieties - oakleaf hydrangeas, midland roses, hostas. I love plants that are OK with a little neglect.


This is my favorite spot in the house. I sit on the couch a lot and look out the windows. It's such a pretty lot in the back and I love to look out the windows to the right.


View from the living room.


Dining room


There are a few things I'd change about the house, but the kitchen isn't one of them. I love the skylights and the open feel.


The "kids patio" as Brennan calls it. Kids inevitably want to sit out here to eat - no matter the weather.


The pool is great for summer parties. And I love the hydrangeas - even though they threaten to take over the backyard each year.


From the playground


Next landscape project - around the overgrown lilac and around Brennan's patio.


From the (rarely used) master deck



From the apple tree - which our friendly neighborhood deer enjoys this time of year


Thanks for taking the tour with me. And Stacy, thank YOU!

1 comment:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What a great house with all those windows and the screened porch--not to mention the pool!