Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins

One of the main things that I will miss about work when I resign early next year is the staff that I work with.  They are all really great people, and we laugh a lot in our meetings.  It's a fun bunch and I have learned a lot from each one of them.  I enjoy the days when we leave the office and go off-site to focus on strategy like we did yesterday. 

Often people will bring donuts or other food to our off-site meetings.  Yesterday I took sausage balls (they remind me of Fall - maybe because we eat them around Thanksgiving and Christmas).  One of my colleagues is a vegetarian, so I made another dish to accompany it.  I found this recipe in Southern Living and decided to try it.  Nothing like trying a new recipe at 6 a.m. for an 8 a.m. meeting.

Instead of typing it up I'm going to post it here.  And because I had to get to work, it never occurred to me to take photos.  But there is a pretty one on the link.

These muffins were delicious!  Everyone loved them, including the boys who had one with their breakfast.  I will definitely make these again.  It's like having an individual coffee cake.  I would cut back on the sugar though - it really didn't need 2 cups.  May 1 cup sugar and 1 cup applesauce?  Everyone said to leave the sugar as is, but I thought it was a little much.

Some of the reviewers at the link above said theirs sagged in the middle.  Mine didn't at all.  They were just perfect.  Try this recipe out - it would be great to take to a brunch, to a meeting of some sort, a potluck. 

I will definitely try them again!

No comments: