Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reading Blogs & Book Websites

When I started this blog back at Thanksgiving 2008, it was simply a way to get photos and updates to our families.  Since we don't live near our families, it was important to keep everyone updated on the Indiana Boatwrights, especially the boys. 

I discovered an entire world of Bloggers out there and all different types of Blogs - home decorating, crafts, family, photography, cooking, weight loss, style, wine, gardening, pets, travel.  And now I've found another blog genre - Reading Blogs.

I follow several blogs through Google Reader and love reading through them every day.  I've met some amazing people all over the world and have learned a ton.  Blogging is a great creative outlet for this fairly creatively-challenged person.

Today I want to share a couple of Reading/Book Websites and Blogs with you.


I've mentioned before how much I'm enjoying Goodreads.
It is GREAT for organizing what I've read, what I want to read, and getting new book ideas from those who have similar reading interests.  Are you on Goodreads?  If so, please friend me!

LindyLouMac from Italy has two wonderful blogs - her reading blog that you can find here, and her blog about her life in Italy - I love her gardening and landscape photos especially!  LindyLou shared with me a website called Bookmooch.com that I am using now to give away books I no longer want in exchange for receiving books (free) that my library doesn't carry - typically more obscure books. 


Within a day of listing 3 books on the site, I had requests from other readers for all 3.  I mailed them Media Mail for about $2.50 each to 3 grateful readers.  I've received almost all the books that I've requested so far as well - free.  It's a fun site if you have books that you'd like to give away and others you're looking for.

And I just won a book from Mary at Book Hounds!  Thank you, Mary!  I rarely win anything through blog give-aways so this was such a nice surprise!  Mary's blog covers her love of reading, gardening, and dogs.  I especially enjoy her 20 Questions interviews with authors, like the most recent with Wendy Wax whose latest 10 Beach Road looks to be a great summer read.

Ricki Jill and I hope you will join us tomorrow for our monthly What We're Reading blog party!  This month the party takes place right here.  We hope you'll plan to link up with us!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I like Good reads, and I need to take the time to "play" on there more often. I am looking forward to our Linky party tomorrow, Bonnie! :D

(((hugs))),
Ricki Jill

LindyLouMac said...

I use both Goodreads and Bookmooch, plus you will also find me on Bookcrossing.