Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

 
 
We decided to travel south for Thanksgiving this year to see my Daddy, in the states for a month, and to celebrate my mother-in-law Carolyn's birthday on Thanksgiving Day.
 
I am so thankful that we decided to travel this week, when we normally never do, because my grandmother had a stroke the night before Thanksgiving.
 
I got to see her on Thanksgiving afternoon, and while she has a long way to go to recover, I know she's in good hands.  And I'm thankful Daddy was here to be with her, along with all of her family and friends who mean so much to her. 
 
Please say a prayer for Hazel Martin.
 
Even though we had heavy hearts, we still had a nice visit with family, and got to see quite a bit of football!
 
 
Taylor, Ellie, Thomas & Brennan
Thanksgiving Pilgrims
 

 
Celebrating Grandma Carolyn's birthday on Thanksgiving Day!


We printed out these pages with each child's picture and "What I'm Grateful For".
I put the sheet of paper in a frame and they wrote their Grateful items on the glass in dry erase marker.



This idea was totally borrowed from Kelli at Random Thoughts of a Super Mom (who was undoubtedly cheering on the Bulldogs with me Saturday night - to no avail)


And our second Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday.
 
Thomas, Natalie, Danielle, and Brennan

 
And more grateful photos
 
The Thanksgiving meals were wonderful and good news tonight that my grandmother came through the second surgery and is more alert, although she is still on the ventilator.
 
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for healing and peace.
 
Hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: