Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, February 3, 2014

Beatles Party and Concert


When I found out over a year ago that our Philharmonic was going to have a Beatles concert with the Classical Mystery Tour fab faux to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Beatles American invasion, I was so excited!!



I love the Beatles and I made sure we got our tickets in plenty of time.
I also planned to host our wine club event with the concert in mind.

We hosted a pre-concert Beatles appetizer party before heading out to the concert.  Which was absolutely amazing.  The guest performers were incredible, and the Philharmonic sounded really, really cool with them.  It was an incredible evening.

The themed party was a ton of fun for me to plan.
David was traveling back from Germany, but the boys got in on the fun and were a huge help.

It was a really, really fun night.
I want to do it again.  Soon.

I used this great graphic from etsy for the invitations (changing it to a wine party instead of a birthday party).  I customized it in Photoshop.



We have a long, winding driveway. 

We set out the 13 official Beatles (not the anthologies, oh there's a ton of background on which were the original releases, etc. trust me, I read up).  The green apples are a nod to Beatles' record label Apple Records.






And the themed foods were a ton of fun to think about







I always worry there won't be enough food, but this was just in one room.  Everyone brought delicious dishes!

And we set up a candy bar








And while it was a wine party, I had to make up a batch of Lovely 'Ritas to go with the wine and beer selections.
(which were delicious - the best recipe from a friend in Mexico - 1.5 oz reposado tequila, 1.5 oz triple sec, 1 oz fresh lime juice, served over crushed ice, never blended)



Of course, the friends are who make the evening each and every time



My concert date is as big a Beatles fan as I am.  I had an absolutely wonderful time with him.
Thomas has been a Yellow Submarine fan since he was 2.
He said as we were driving home "this may be the best night of my life".  Awww!


Again, my photos will never do the night justice.
But what a great concert.



All you need is love.




No comments: