Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Thursday, September 3, 2015

May 2015


Yeah! Up to May now!
 
With the Indy Mini right around the corner, we were all in training mode.
 
Here's David at our church's 5K fundraiser for our youth mission trip to the Dominican Republic.
He, Thomas, and Brennan ran the 5K.


 
I finished my longest training walk - 10 miles - injury free and within the time limit.  I was ready for the following week's Indy Mini (13.1 miles).  I was thrilled.

 
 
 The youth had their annual city-wide scavenger hunt where they do fun things in teams and take photos.  David was one of the drivers.  They'd had a ball.






The weekend of the Mini we went up to Indy to spend the night.
We hit the Marathon Expo (see how David signed the large banner, aw!)
 
 
And we went out to dinner before retiring to the hotel. 
 
Here are the guys, ready for the 5K! (Brennan's eating a granola bar)


 
And after their race.  They did great!


And here I am ready for the half-marathon, which I walked.
It started after the 5K ended.  By the time I was finished with 13 miles, the boys had showered, eaten, checked out of the hotel, and toured a museum.  It was a long, hot walk.

 
One of the highlights of the mini is the walking on the Indy 500 race course.  Honestly though, this was super hot - no shade and lots of asphalt.  Awesome experience though!


And me, right after the race, with my cool kids. 
Do you see how exhausted I am?
 
 
My FitBit that day about 1:00 p.m. tells the truth.  33,000 steps and over 15 miles.


 
We got to meet Jack!
Lora and Brent's new Shih Tzu/Chihuahua mix.  He's a doll and he and Bailey are fast friends.
 

 
 
This was the boy who was petrified of dogs a year and a half ago! 
 
 
I attended another couple of 40th birthday parties.  Such fun! 




David and I helped get ready for and attend the Philharmonic Lobsterfest!  What a fun day!
 
 
My Lobster headband isn't showing up, but it's there :)



 
Mmmmm, the food is delicious and such a fun event!



And then, Memorial Day weekend.  David and the boys headed to Mississippi to see family, and I flew to Virginia to attend Lisa's and Jim's wedding.  Such a wonderful event and I'm so happy I got to be there.
 




The venue outside of Richmond was just gorgeous!
 
 
Before the wedding, I had a chance to see Renee!!! and tour Monticello.  I loved spending the day with her in a beautiful area of Virginia.  I'd go back in a heartbeat.





Before the wedding I toured Richmond as well.  I loved the group tour and lunch on the James River that we were set up with.  Richmond is a beautiful city.
 
State Capitol

 
 


 
And I have to close with a couple of silly Bailey photos.
 
Daddy's showing Bailey a squirrel out the kitchen window.  He's VERY interested.
 
 
After a trip to the park, Bailey is exhausted and snuggles up on the console of the car underneath a dishtowel I happened to have with us.  Silly boy!

No comments: