Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Brennan!

Brennan turned 7 yesterday. How is that possible? This is his cake that he designed himself. The day started with a trip to Bob Evans for brunch with his free Kids Meal birthday postcard. He proudly handed it to the waitress and ordered a huge platter of food - which he ate entirely. He had his party this year at the KidsCommons (local Children's Museum). It was great to give the kids a chance to run around and play for a couple of hours. It's been so cold here - school was out on Friday and they have another day off today. The KidsCommons has a giant toilet bowl that is part of their climbing home area. When you go down it there is a big flush sound. A huge hit!

We always have a piñata at the boys' birthday parties since their earliest parties were in Mexico. This is just part of the celebration to them. Brennan picked out a guitar piñata this year. Of course, Mommy didn't check with the KidsCommons and they don't allow anything to be hung from the ceiling near the sprinkler system. So... David asked the kids if they knew who Pete Townsend was, and we proceeded to open the piñata another way.
I'll never forget this. It was hilarious. (If you are seeing this in email - you can't click on the video. Go to the website instead.)

More KidsCommons photos.Raven at the piano.
Haley and Brennan

Camping and nature area

Art area

Rock climbing wall

Building area

David and Ginger at the gears

Brennan and Sara

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a great birthday party! The giant toilet would be a HUGE hit with my kids. I love Children's Museums.

Scooper said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I put a link on the blog where I talked about the kitchen window. If you click on it, it will take you to the mistreatment idea I found on the Nester's site that shows how to do the "gathers" with safety pins. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll explain it myself. Thanks for stopping by!

SarahJarnagin said...

This looks like so much fun! What a neat place to hold a birthday party! Happy birthday, Brennan!