Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

52 in 52



Carin at Forever in Blue Jeans led a really cool project in 2009.  I recently learned about it and thought it would be great for my family.  I'm probably in 1 out of every 100 photos that we take.  Family and Facebook friends often complain :)  I just keep waiting until I lose a million pounds or my hair looks good, etc.  I give up on the waiting and vow to participate in 2010.  Here are the details:


52 Weeks is a year long challenge for YOU to be in a picture once a week for 52 weeks. We are always the ones behind the camera, this is YOUR chance to get out in front and be in the pictures with our family. We are glad you are joining this challenge. More importantly your family will really enjoy having you in the picture. Now go take a picture!

If you are going to participate in a similar project, please let me know!  Week 1 starts next week.

5 comments:

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

I am so with you. You just spoke my thoughts... never in pictures, want to lose weight... Friends on FB complain...

I think I need to check into this. :)

Great post.
~Amy

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

Hi Bonnie! Thanks for dropping by! I think learning to knit would be a great thing for you to do this year! I highly recommend knittinghelp.com if you need some pointers or reminders. :)

I'm actually at Hollins University, not Roanoke, but they're closely related. We actually share libraries!

Michelle said...

I'm going to check this out!

Sharon said...

What a great idea! Every year my mom makes a calendar for everyone in the family. She called the other day asking for a pic of my hubby and I. After a long while searching she even added, how about one of you and one of him. I couldn't find any! I had to go back more than a year to get one of the two of us together. It isn't even good! Yikes! I could benefit from this.

Cathy said...

Here's an idea that worked for me... give your kids the camera. Especially the little ones. My 3 and 6 year old nieces have snapped some of the best family photos this year. You can't help but have an authentic smile when a child is holding the camera!