Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

House Prints


I saw this project last year on a blog post (sadly, that blog is no longer active) and was excited to try it.

This is my friend Robin's beautiful home.  I took a picture on a sunny day and uploaded the photo in Picasa.

I then turned it into a pencil sketch, sharpened it, and resized it to fit an 8x10 frame. 

I'm really happy with it!  And I think Robin is too :)




Centsational Girl (my new best friend from Northern California, check out this post to see how talented she is!) has a great post on using Picasa.  Picasa is FREE, and really easy and very helpful considering my complete lack of photo skills.  Disclaimer - the two photos have not been improved with Picasa - just the sketch itself!

I hope you are ready for Christmas!  Santa comes tonight so we can celebrate tomorrow and head out of town on Thursday so we're pretty excited around here!

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love this idea! Thanks for stopping by ~ I appreciate your comments! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season! ~Stephanie

Jane B. said...

Wow...that is beautiful! What a great idea, thanks for sharing! I may have to do this soon, if I do, I'lll say in my post I got the idea from your blog!

Charity said...

HOW GREAT THIS IS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT. THANK YOU FOR SHARING. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Tracy Wills said...

That turned out great, thanks for sharing

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Bonnie,
What a sweet idea.
I would love to get that as a gift, just perfect!

I'm going to check out Picasa. I need something to help me! My pictures are a mess.
~Amy

Funky Junk Interiors said...

LOVE it! Now if only my own house weren't a square box, I'd do it myself. :)

I'm a Picasa fanatic and you've given me enticement to try that feature out. Thanks!

And thanks for linking up to SNS!

FJ Donna