Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Thursday, January 29, 2009

What I've Learned about Sledding


The boys are on their 3rd Snow Day of the week! I took them sledding near Brennan's school this morning before they went to spend the afternoon with friends.


Brennan loves to sled!


Video of Thomas heading down a small hill. And then my camera batteries died so that's all I got!

All the snow pictures I've sent look dark because I've been working during daylight hours this week or it's overcast. I'd love to take some pretty sunny snow pictures one day.


Our backyard off the master bedroom deck.

What I learned:
1. I do not have the right sledding clothes - especially snow pants or boots.
2. My boys are fearless.
3. Foam sleds are better than plastic sleds on these hills.
4. I really don't enjoy cold weather after about 30 minutes.

Hope you're enjoying warmer temperatures than we are!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I've learned the same things! Last year I bought myself a really good coat and boots from Land's End, and then found some matching snow pants on sale (cheap!). I couldn't believe I never had these...and it's made that 1/2 hour last a lot longer and the kids love that I play/sled with them. It's worth it...and good sales now!

SarahJarnagin said...

Sounds like the boys had fun!

I have been wanting a pair of snow pants though it only snows about twice a year here. I just want to be able to enjoy the snow and be comfortable though!

SarahJarnagin said...

Oh, and I tagged you on my blog!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

You can make it for 30 whole minutes? You're a far better woman than I!

And a deck off the master bedroom? Love it! (And a little jealous. LOL)

Scott said...

Looks like fun!