Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, January 5, 2009

Word of the Year 2009

One of the best parts about this new world of Moms blogging is reading all the blog sites that I have found. There are very talented writers, creative women, and inspiring posts to be read daily. I've only been around this for the last 2 months and it's been so much fun. Most of the other blogs I read have a different focus than this one that I started about our family. If you click on the links to the right under the heading "My Blog List" you'll see what I mean.

One blog that I've especially enjoyed is Tip Junkie. Today Laurie is encouraging readers to participate in the "Word of the Year 2009" discussion. The idea is to think of a word that you want to focus on and help define your actions this year.

"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything."

I read a number of the links to get ideas of what others are thinking of for their 2009 Word. More than the words themselves, I like reading the reasons the bloggers have chosen their words. I especially like the idea behind this concept. It's simple and I can see how it can be a great focal point for your year.

After much thinking today, I've decided my word is "Cheerful".

This word means more to me than just being happy. It means making sure my attitude lets those I love know that I enjoy my time with them. It also means focusing on what I can effect - namely my attitude and my words. It means finding the fun in all of the roles I have chosen for myself. Having more patience and looking for the humor in situations more often. Enjoying the experience - whether it's spending time with my family or going to the gym as I aim to get healthy this year. Focusing more on the moment and letting more go. Plus, it's a pleasant word.

If you decide to think of your own Word of the Year, email me. It's fun to hear what others are thinking about for 2009.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I love the new hyperlinks! :-)

bonnieboatwright@gmail.com said...

Thank you sir - I appreciate the tutorial!