Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, August 13, 2012

Basement Renovation - Phase 2

A couple of weeks ago I shared Phase 1 of our basement re-do.
You can see those photos and the before photos here.

Well, we liked our new cabinets so well, that we decided to put the same ones in on the other side of the stairs leading down to the basement.

Phase 1:


Phase 1 Before and After:



Phase 2:
This is the interesting office furniture that the previous owners had installed downstairs.
It was actually nice for the boys to have their computer and some art supplies, but it was quite an eyesore for some of us.


So David happily ripped it all out one night.
Then we spackled, sanded, and painted.


And finally the cabinets and countertop were installed last week.
And the new light and globes look great!
Can't tell you how much I love all the storage space and clean, clean, clean countertops!


Move In, Last Week, and This Week


Phase 2 Before and After


Also last week I used Craigslist.com for the first time.  I listed the Pier 1 love seat and chair for free and within 2 minutes I had 9 offers.  I say "offers".  I didn't think anyone would want them so I listed them for free, but somebody might have actually paid money for them!

They were just so torn up in spots.

But a nice couple came and collected them that same day.


And now the whole sun room area is cleaned out, and we've ordered something new for that spot in the basement.  Looking forward to having it here and assembled!


Slowly but surely, it's all coming together!

No comments: