Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Friday, April 8, 2011

Best Way to Make Rice

Last night we had Indian curry, rice, and roasted vegetables.  I decided to try out the Good Housekeeping "Perfect Rice" recipe.  I make rice on the stove or in a rice cooker, but I'm not 100% happy with it - especially when I make jasmine or other kinds of rice.

I followed the recipe and it turned out perfectly!  I will definitely follow this process again!

From January 2011 magazine:

Combine 1 c. white rice and 1 3/4 c. hot water in a 3-qt covered casserole dish.  Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.  Perfect, fluffy rice!

P.S.  I got an iPhone yesterday - LOVE IT!  (As do my children and hubby)

1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Bonnie, this sounds like a great idea, and we have rice for almost every meal. I cook it on the stovetop. Does it matter what kind of rice you use????