Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Friday, May 8, 2009

Walk-a-Thon

Thomas's school held their Walk-a-Thon yesterday and I volunteered for a couple of hours. Luckily, the rain wasn't an issue. The 3rd graders walked/ran 1.5 miles around the track and then played a number of games including The Limbo. Here's Thomas participating. Good thing I had my phone - I always forget the camera at these events!

My job was to mist the kids with a spray bottle as they went past me. They loved that, of course. The event culminated in water bottles and popcicles for everyone. They really had a blast and I could tell the teachers thought running some of this spring fever energy off was a great way for the students to spend an afternoon!

No comments: