Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, March 9, 2009

Re-Purposing #2




We did another re-purposing project yesterday.

These pictures make it pretty hard to tell but we have a unique pantry. It's a closet with shelves on either side. There was a lot of wasted space on the wall ahead of you when you open the doors. In my quest to fix up the house during Spring Cleaning, I wondered if there was a way to get more pantry space.

I couldn't add shelves because they would block the shelves on either side. I thought about those half baskets - maybe to hold snacks or something? I've been looking and looking and really didn't find anything other than some shelves that were really not what I hoped for.

I gave up when David remembered these two white shelves attached to the inside of the guest bedroom closet. I'm sure no one had used them in the 12 years they'd been hanging there - certainly we haven't in the last 4 years that we've owned the house.

So David hung these and voila! Another re-purposed solution that was FREE!

1 comment:

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh, that's PERFECT! How long do you think before your new shelves are stuffed full? In my house it would be about a week. :)