Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Friday, March 20, 2009

St. Patrick's Day 2009


We had a great time celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Mississippi this year. Brennan was concerned because the holiday fell during Spring Break. I consulted with Grandma Nan and we decided we could celebrate on vacation too.

Our very own Leprechaun

Sarah had a great post with a traditional St. Patrick's Day meal a few weeks ago. I used 3 of her recipes and one for potatoes and green beans from Paula Deen's boys. I think it was a really good meal and easy to make.


My grandmother came from Carrington Place nursing home for the event, and David's parents Carolyn and Don came too. David's favorite dish - the cabbage. Mine - the parslied potatoes. Thomas and Brennan - the mint chocolate chip ice cream with Milano cookies.


Thomas, Grandma Nan, Mawmaw

Decorating for the big day

1 comment:

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh, that looks fun! I'm a big cabbage fan myself. I thought I was the only one. :)