This week I made a pretty fall wreath, much like the Christmas one I did last year. I really like this one. As always there was some trial and error that I'll tell you about but I'm really enjoying this wreath now that it's done!
I started with an assortment of fall colored ornaments that were 60% off from Hobby Lobby.
I ran a bead of hot glue around the topper so that they wouldn't slip off when hanging on the "wreath". If I had used plastic ones this wouldn't be such an issue. But I liked the colors of these glass ones.
I used a rather flimsy white hanger which I spray painted so that the white wouldn't show through. The flimsy hanger didn't work. The ornaments were too heavy. The wreath was an oval when hanging. I was seriously concerned the wreath would come apart.
So I went with a sturdier hanger, molded it into a circle and starting stringing it with ornaments. Then I twisted the hanger back together and added the ribbon.
David stapled the ribbon to the top of the window frame and we were ready to go!
I can continue adjusting the ornaments around but I'm really enjoying the look of the wreath right now!
And since I don't have a tree to hang the extra ornaments on like I do at Christmas, I made a little centerpiece with the leftovers.