Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, June 13, 2011

Trip South

Last week we were able to attend the services for my grandmother who passed away at the age of 99.
I am so glad we were all able to go together.
It was a quick trip, but it was so good to be able to say goodbye and to see family.

Here are the boys and their 4 first cousins. 
I don't have any other photos of the 6 of the kids together, so this was special.
Thomas (10), Danielle (4), Brennan (9), Natalie (7), Ellie (6), Taylor (9)

As we made our way from the funeral back home we went through northwestern Alabama and were stunned at the tornado damage.  Workers were busy cleaning up the debris as we drove through Marion County.

This was a Wrangler jeans plant.

I feel terrible for all of those who lost their property and their lives in the tornadoes from late April.

Hopefully our next trip to Mississippi will be with much happier circumstances, as it usually is.


1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, Bonnie~ Thomas is looking so grown-up all of a sudden!

I know you have had a sad week. I have been praying for you!

(((hugs))),
Ricki Jill