Our front porch had not been stained in a couple of years and it was time.
It's shaded most of the day so it gets a lot of mildew on it and a lot of traffic.
We used a product called Sikkens to stain the porch that the contractor who worked on our downstairs bathrooms recommended. It's supposed to be the best for staining decks (as well as log cabin exteriors). David was really happy with it.
I cleaned the porch well using a water/bleach/TSP mixture that Sikkens recommended.
Then David got to work.
Here he has a little helper who wanted to talk Economics while Dad worked.
And, the results.
We let it dry two days before stepping on it.
I took a couple of photos before we removed the blue tape and got our furniture and annuals back on.
The color is darker than we had before, but it looks great against the house color I think.
We had a downpour a few days after David stained it.
You can see how well the water beaded up, which is great.
We have a few touch ups but I think it looks really great!
I'm linking up