Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Centsational Girl-Inspired Winter Berries Painting

I am truly not an artist, but when I saw this beautiful painting at Kate's blog Centsational Girl, I bookmarked it thinking it would make a wonderful winter picture for the house.  My title says "CG-Inspired", but my project is really a complete copy!

I am inspired by people like my new friend http://ricki-treleaven.blogspot.com/ (a Birmingham girl!) who can take a blank canvas and turn it into something beautiful.  I decided to give it a whirl.

Instead of completely plagiarizing Kate's painting, I searched Google Images for a beautiful photo of winter branches and found this one.


And then I got busy following Kate's directions to a T to come up with this "masterpiece".

I'm actually really happy with it.  I'm sure I could do a better job (maybe using thinner brushes?) if I were to attempt a project like this one again, but I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I half-assumed it would be a mess and end up in the garbage.

I used the same color combinations that Kate did, and used glitter for snow as Kate did.  Again, quite a bit of straight copying going on!


I think it'll be a nice addition to the living room - a little touch of winter for the season!

6 comments:

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

I like it, Bonnie! Good job!!! :D

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Paula said...

Your picture is really pretty and will be a perfect winter decoration for your home.

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Blogger just did something crazy! Feel free to delete all of my duplicate comments!!