Last year we had our living room fireplace fitted with gas logs. It's nice to be able to have a fire going during the cold winters. But look at the interior. Yuck. 27 years of fires burning in there.
Some more close up shots.
And then I read somewhere on a blog months and months ago that they had used heat-resistant paint to paint the interior of their fireplace. I had never heard of heat-resistant paint. While I was at Lowe's yesterday, I picked up a can and a small roller.
And some close-ups.
I ended up doing two coats and let it dry in between overnight. Not sure that was necessary but it looks really nice and finished now.
Ah.... so much better!