Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, January 3, 2011

Spring Cleaning 2011


For the last two years I've taken on a serious room-by-room spring cleaning challenge for myself and it's been great (once it's done).  The problem is (besides how much work it is) that I don't like spring cleaning in the spring.  In the spring I want to be outside focusing on all the neglect out there.  So this year I decided to tackle Spring Cleaning in January.  It is the longest, coldest, dreariest month.  What better time to get the house in shape, organize and get rid of stuff.

So, enter my new notebook.  I love a new notebook - what better to place to make lists?  And I love lists.

I'm following the same process I learned from Sarah at Clover Lane two years ago.  You can read about it here.   My notebook has a page for each room/hall/closet/bathroom/pantry in our house and it has a list of all the things that need to be done to get it in its best shape.  It's a huge undertaking but I'm excited that once the kids are back in school tomorrow, Spring Clean 2011 starts.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Good luck, Bonnie! I am sure you will finish in no time. My house is so trashed, and I do not know when my dr. will give me the "okay" to get it started!!! I am trying not to have anxiety attacks about it. My kids and husband have tried helping, but they lack skills.