Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tubing

I have heard about this great skiing and tubing place about an hour from us and have always wanted to take the boys but never had. 
This year I invested in some snow pants and boots for myself (after 6 years!) and decided to do it!

I didn't tell the boys where we were going until we were in the car.  The suspense was killing them but they love a surprise. 
They were so excited, but nothing prepared them for this first glimpse of the actual place.  They were beside themselves!
They have never seen people skiing in real life.  They couldn't wait for me to park. 


Today I decided to see how tubing went before we take on skiing.  They couldn't wait. 
I, on the other hand, saw these slopes and realized how high they were and how fast everyone was tubing down them.  Hmmm.  And Dad's traveling so it was just me. 

Photo taken with my phone so we could send it to dad.  They couldn't wait!

Here we are riding the moving sidewalk to the top of the 3 sets of slopes.  I'm searching for the bunny slope.  Brennan is figuring out which one is highest so he can start there.  Oh crappola. 

I find the shortest ones I can find.  Here I am at the top re-thinking this entire escapade. 

But I did it and it was awesome!  A little nervewracking but after two times down, I was hooked.
The boys on the other hand are afraid of nothing and immediately moved to the taller, faster slopes without me. 

Thomas had a blast, but he wants to do skiing next. 

Brennan had more fun than anyone.  When I asked if they liked their surprise Brennan said, "It wasn't just a surprise.  It was a THRILL!" 

The below freezing temps didn't bother any of us in the least.  Two hours of tubing in the beautiful sunshine in the right clothing kept us from realizing how cold it really was.  I'm so glad I finally got the snow pants and boots so I can enjoy winter a little more!

No comments: