Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, March 7, 2011

New Kitchen Valance

We've been in the middle of various small house projects for months and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I thought I'd share a few with you as we finish them up (hopefully this week!)

Kitchen Valance
I have been considering a valance for this window in our kitchen for a long time.  But I didn't want to block any of the view, which we love. 


All I wanted to do was block the eaves, which you can really see in these two photos below.




We have a valance on the other side of the kitchen, but I left the other window purposefully valance-free.

Then I saw what a difference the curtains and valances in our living room/dining room made last year.

We went from this...

...to this.

And from this...

...to this.

I think it makes a huge difference.
Since I had so much Pottery Barn curtain fabric left over from custom making the valances, I cut them again, had them hemmed, and made one for the kitchen.








I'm happy with it.  I think it'll take a little fiddling with and getting used to, but I think I'm really going to like how it softens up the kitchen table area where we spend lots and lots of time.

And do you see that large trailer in our driveway?  The contractors are here!  Yeah!

1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

It looks nice, Bonnie. And it won't limit you at all. I really like the texture. I have been into texture lately!!!

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill