Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2008 Christmas Tea

My dear friend Kari and I hosted our annual Christmas Tea on Sunday. Being the good friend that she is, Kari not only brought teas, lemons, and two very yummy dishes, but she brought me a gift - a new teapot/warmer. I'll have to invite her over more often!

Kari and I both moved back to Columbus 4 years ago. This is our 4th Tea together in Columbus, and I've now co-hosted the event for 10 years in Memphis, Mexico, and Columbus. It's always a great time to catch up with friends, make new friends, eat some delicious food, and take a breather from the holiday hectic-ness to enjoy the season. (Click any photo to enlarge)

Elise and Baby Claire

I have very creative friends, as evidenced in the ornaments they selected for the ornament exchange and their holiday dishes.
Toyi's cheese spread

Elise's coconut cake

Some of the dishes that arrived early

Some of the beautifully wrapped ornaments

Angelina's beautiful decoration

The Tea was especially wonderful this year given the busy weeks I've had at work lately. It was so great to relax, chat, and enjoy the Christmas holiday a little bit. Thanks to all the ladies who made the day so special.

See you next year!

No comments: