Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, May 30, 2011

Architectural Tour

My mom, Nan, and my mother-in-law, Carolyn, are in town this weekend!  We are having so much fun.  They arrived Friday night and we've kept them rather busy.

Saturday morning I had 15 girlfriends over to Meet the Moms at brunch.  And, I didn't take a single photo, which I could just kick myself for.  We had delicious food, mimosas and bloody marys, a lot of fun catching up, and everyone was dressed in adorable summer outfits.  Why, oh why, didn't I take any photos?  But I do have some recipes to share soon.  Really, the food was delicious!

After brunch we headed downtown for the Architectural Tour.  A little walking, a lot of time on the bus checking out all the buildings in town designed by noted architects.

Brennan, Nan, Thomas, Carolyn

Most of the following photos were taken by the boys, who enjoyed seeing the tour from behind the camera.




Two Chihuly art pieces 




After the architectural tour we went to the newly opened Commons where the boys got to play on the super cool playground.
Photo above courtesy The Republic newspaper


Our downtown is certainly changing and it is really fun to see.  The boys love to visit downtown - there's really a ton to do.

Photos above courtesy of local friend Trent Wirth

After the playground we went across the street to Zaharakos for sandwiches, fountain drinks, and the best ice cream (their mint chocolate chip is awesome!) 

It was a really fun day with Grandma Nan and Grandma Carolyn on Saturday!
We love it that they're here!

No comments: