Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Meal Planning Made Slightly Simpler

Meal planning is always tricky for me, especially during the school year. 
And with school year starting soon I was thinking of new ways to get organized.

I find the hardest thing is that I start thinking about what to cook about 4:00.
Then I don't have a couple of the major ingredients I need for what I have in mind.
Or I can only think of the same 3 or 4 dinners and I'm getting tired of the same old thing.
I try to plan out on Sunday but then the week gets away from me and we start doing take out and fast food more often than I want.

Because I'm out with the boys between 2:30 - 6:00 most days with activities, it makes it all that much more interesting!

So, off to Target to get a little notebook that doesn't take up too much space in my purse.
I found this cute set of 3 (London, Paris, New York) for under $3.  Perfect!

I took the London one and have listed all of the main dishes that I cook up for the family along with the main ingredients I probably don't always have on hand. 
The book is going in my purse so when I'm at the grocery store, I can pull it out and get the items I need for 4 or 5 upcoming dinners.

Today it worked perfectly. 
I flipped through the pages and picked up the items I needed for the next few days' meals.
 And now I won't have to return to the store in order to pick up those 1 or 2 critical ingredients.

I was also amazed to find that I had 20+ main dishes that I know my family likes. 
It's going to be so nice when my mind is blank!

No comments: