Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bama Girls

I had a great weekend meeting up with my two favorite Alabama graduates!

The boys and I took a long weekend.  Our first stop was Birmingham.

I was thrilled to get to meet live, in person Ricki Jill from Art @ Home!
You know Ricki Jill and I host the "What We're Reading" linky party each month.
I'm not sure how we found each other in the vast blog world, but I've really enjoyed getting to know her over the past few months.

It was awesome that she was able to meet the boys and me at Barnes and Noble for an iced tea and chat.  She is such a doll.  I've never met a blog friend in the real world before but I had no doubts.  We had a great time and I hope we can do it again sometime!


It was awesome!!! to see Amy after a few years.
We met Amy, Ellie, and David at Olive Garden and had a great time catching up!
We are separated by too, too many states. 
We vow to try to make our summer get togethers more regular, and hopefully they can take place on a beach!
Amy and I met at grad school at UGA xxxxx years ago.
I miss her! 

The big 4th graders - Brennan and Ellie

Thomas and David

The kids had a blast - meals together, swimming at the hotel pool, sharing Nintendo DS games, doing magic tricks together, hanging out in each other's hotel rooms. 

Hot tubbing

Don't Brennan and David favor each other?

 Saying goodbye - and hopefully "see you next year"!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what fun it appears you had! Glad you had a wonderful trip! Love meeting up with new and old friends!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How great to meet friends! I would be thrilled to meet Ricki...we are blog buds, too! And Amy is a beautiful young lady! You all look great and happy! Always lots of SMILES when you get to spend time with girlfriends! I've been wanting to do a post about friends! Hugs! ♥

Ricki Treleaven said...

Bonnie, it was so great meeting you!!!!! :D I am glad you had such a fantastic trip. I am over here catching up on your blog after suffering through the virus from *you know where* ;P

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill