Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Friday, March 12, 2010

My Last Day of Work

Last night my team took David and me out for a wonderful dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.  It was so much fun.  It's been a busy last few weeks for everyone, so it was really great to get together, relax and say goodbye.

I reflected on my last 15 years with the company and what great experiences I've had.  15 years - how is that possible?

They couldn't let me go without a few funny moments.  In honor of my new status as stay-at-home-mom/kept woman, they sent me with some necessary treats.  Soap Opera Digest for all the daytime tv watching I'll be doing (ha ha), soothing tea to drink just before the boys get home to put me in the right frame of mind, a frame including my LEAST favorite corporate saying (that gets said each and every staff meeting REPEATEDLY), and a toilet brush decked out with all the HR processes that I'll miss so much (ha).  I told someone that the only thing I wasn't looking forward to was cleaning my own toilets for the first time in years.  Well, now I'll do it with a smile on my face.

In addition to the pranks, they also gave me a card filled with heartfelt messages (I haven't read them just yet), and a SPA DAY!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I was shocked and am so excited!

So, I'm off to work for the last time (well, corporate work anyway).  I'm really excited about this next phase for our family.  Even if it does include that toilet brush.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Yay, congrats and welcome to the busy world of stay-at-home-momness! :-) You'll love it.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited about being at home all of the time.

mississippiartist said...

I'm sure for the first few days you will either wander around trying to decide what to do, or go at it like gangbusters and be dead tired by the evening. Have fun!