Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, November 14, 2011

Wine Club - Merlots

It's been awhile since I've shared Wine Club photos!

We unfortunately missed the October get together because we were in Orlando for Fall Break that weekend. 
The club got together at Jeff and Karen's home and sampled Cabernet Sauvignons. 
I hear it was a fantastic evening and we hate to have missed it!

In November we got together at Jayne and Charlie's home to enjoy some Merlots.
I neglected to take my camera (what was I thinking??) so I apologize for the iPhone photos.

Jayne and Charlie are fantastic hosts!

The food was delicious - we've lucked into not only a great group of people, but some serious cooks as well! 
As always, my photos don't do the party justice. 


Mmmm, trifle!

The Merlots were OK but were not our favorites overall.
It didn't stop us from trying each one and declaring some winners.


#1 - Chateau Ste Michelle 2007 (Columbia Valley)
#2 - The Mission 2007 (Napa Valley)
#3 - Columbia Crest 2007 (Columbia Valley)

I can't say enough about this great group of people in our Wine Club this year. 
We're almost a year old and are about to shift our focus from Wine slightly.
We're hosting in December.

Looking forward to another fantastic year with our group!

2 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

I'll bet that you are excited to be the hosts in December. How will you change the club next year.

I told some of my friends what your group does and they sounded interested.

Mama loves Merlot but I just haven't developed a taste for it.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I really need to live near you Bonnie *sadface* Trip likes the Chateau Ste. Michelle, too.

I hope you post recipes when you host *hint, hint*

xoxoxox,
RJ