Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, June 29, 2009

Austrian Heuriger Night

My cooking club met on Saturday night and it was a family event this time. We had a wonderful Austrian Heuriger meal. A heuriger is a casual restaurant at an Austrian winery, where they tend to offer casual fare along with the house wines. As our friends are from Austria, it was a perfect chance to get together and enjoy a beautiful summer evening.

Our hosts served up wursts, cheeses, and lots of cold drinks. We all brought summer salads. We took this couscous salad. I originally planned to take Tabbouleh, but could not locate bulgur wheat, so went with couscous instead! It was really good and I'll make it again - but you can't tell from my fuzzy close up picture.


There was lots of swimming and playing for the kids. They had a really great time - the afternoon was so beautiful.


Our cooking club is made up of many cultures - Austrian, Mexican, Greek, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, and good-old American. I've learned some wonderful dishes over the last year or so since we started.


I think the husbands enjoyed themselves as well - especially when the food was served.


Brennan in his natural environment


Andrea and Toyi








Mariana and Andrea





David and baby Luis



Magda and Angelina cooking our dessert - Kaiserschmarren. A delicious fruit and pastry treat that I'll definitely be making again soon at my house.


Dockett was part of the party - this is truly how I felt at the end of the evening.


A huge thank you to our hosts, Kari and Norbert, for a beautiful cooking club evening!

No comments: