Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Girls' Nights

Earlier this week I joined Robin for dinner at their restaurant - Bistro 310. It was great to catch up sans children and enjoy the delicious food! I had the shrimp and grits (really, really delicious) and Robin had the seared ahi. It was a beautiful night and really fun.

On Friday I joined the Columbus Ladies Supper Club at FarmBloomington, just off the square in Bloomington, Indiana. It was really a very fun evening and I would love to go back sometime! We shared appetizers and desserts and they were all incredible. The produce and herbs are all grown locally and the menu varies with the seasons. I had the salad special - greens, red/white/blue grilled potatoes, bacon, fresh vegetables, and gorgonzola, plus a pie (a pizza) with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. I loved the fresh berry cobbler - tart and made with fresh biscuits. Really, really yummy.

Here we are with Chef Daniel Orr.

Next door is an old movie theater that shows older movies. I think this would be really fun to visit sometime (after a dinner at FarmBloomington, of course!)

No comments: