Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, October 3, 2011

Catching Up with September

I can't believe we're already into October. 
I realize I still have my Summer blog banner up.  Oops!  I'll get to that soon.

Here are a few things I wanted to share from the last couple of weeks.

This kiddo kills me.
Every morning he listens to a local radio station's "Impossible Question of the Day".
He loves calling in to try to win the prize pack of the day (when he should be getting ready for school).
So far, no luck.
He's really like me.  I won basketball tickets by trying to be the 10th caller for an entire Saturday.


Our paper recently started doing daily deals.
I have only purchased one so far - $10 for a bouquet of flowers at my favorite local florist.
This is the bouquet Brennan and I picked out.
Gorgeous isn't it?!  And for only $10!
I was also the August winner-of-the-month.
They have a drawing of all the people who ordered one of the daily deals and I was chosen for August - $100!  That was so exciting.  What wasn't as exciting was the fact that when I picked up my check they took a photo for future marketing of the daily deals promotion.  I gingerly open the paper each morning hoping not to see myself in there holding up my check!

Thomas has now joined our Youth Group at church.
There are about 40-50 youth and they have a blast.
He goes every Sunday evening and suddenly seems so grown up.
The Youth sang last Sunday and Thomas joined them.
This is during practice before the service - you can't see Thomas behind our choir director.

iPhone photo

I was driving home from school Friday morning and saw this beautiful hot air balloon flying over our neighborhood!

Finally, I am excited to see this Documentary about the puppeteer behind Elmo - Kevin Clash.
My mom and I saw Kevin Clash speak at the National Book Fair in Washington, D.C. in 2006.
He was incredible.  The young children present were very confused when he would speak in Elmo's voice. 
If you're reading this in email, click on the link to the blog so you can watch the 2 minute trailer.

October brings swim team, tennis lessons, school picture day, lots of quarter-end exams, a Colts game, a Halloween party, a couple of important family birthdays, and a trip to Orlando!

Happy Fall Y'all!

3 comments:

Anna said...

beautiful flowers, hooray for great deals! How cool that you won $100 too!

Unknown said...

Lots going on! I don't know how you keep up?? Love the colorful flowers, congratulations!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I want to see that documentary! Thanks for posting the trailer.

xoxoxoxo,
Ricki Jill