Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, January 16, 2012

Connoisseurs - Chardonnays


Our sweet friends, Roger and Jan, opened their home for our Connoisseurs group this past weekend so we could sample Chardonnays.  As always with this group, we had a wonderful evening!

Jan and Roger set out quite the spread.  I love party food!  Everything was just delicious.

Here's just a small sampling of the great food...




And the great people...




We set up to start the sampling.


We had ten Chardonnays to sample - both unoaked and "oaked".

And the winners were...

#1 - Cakebread Cellars 2010
#2 - Kim Crawford Unoaked 2006
#3 - Simi 2009

Our hosts were the big winners so they presented the second and third place winners with gifts.

I don't usually drink white wines but was surprised with the Chardonnays. 
There were 3 or 4 from this group that I liked - especially #1 above. 

It was really great to get together and try some new wines with a great group of people.

2 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Chardonnay is my #1 favorite wine. I'll have to look for your top picks the next time I shop.

Anna said...

I see a New Zealand wine is one of the favorites :) It looks like a fun party, I would love to go to a wine tasting evening like that.