Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Happy List #5


I'm linking up today for Dandelion Wishes' Happy List party.  It's been awhile!


1.  Roll Tide!

Congratulations to the Alabama Crimson Tide for winning the BCS National Championship (late) last night.  An unbelievable 21-0 win over LSU.  An SEC win always makes me happy!

2.  Downton Abbey, Season 2

I love this show!  Are you watching it?  The first season ended almost a year ago, so it's been a long wait for the British period drama to return to the U.S. for Season 2.  PBS Masterpiece Classics has it on Sunday nights.  If you aren't watching it, check it out.  I read an article yesterday about Tom Hanks and Harrison Ford both saying it's their favorite show - so come on, it's not even a Chick Flick!  (But you might want to check out Season 1 first.)

3.  Beautiful Weather
We would normally be shoveling snow and watching out for black ice this time of year in Indiana.  Instead, we're enjoying beautiful sunny days that reach into the 50s.  I'm sure we'll be paying for it in, say, April, but for now, I'm loving it!

4.  Spring Cleaning
A funny thing to say I know, but I'm in the middle of it and it's not going nearly as gruelingly as it has in years past.  It's because I stay on top of it better throughout the year so I just spend a little time each day on my room-of-the-day.  I vow to stay on top of it from now on too, so that it's not such an arduous task each year.

5.  Our New Vacuum
Since we moved back to the States 7.5 years ago, we've been through 2 vacuums.  When it was time to replace the last one last month we decided to go ahead and get one that will hopefully do a better job and will LAST more than 3 or 4 years.  Enter - the Dyson.  I absolutely love it.  It's lighter, does a much better job, goes from carpet to tile to hardwood without having to do anything but push a button, and it doesn't clog up.  Love, love, love it.


3 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is a great list, Bonnie. Roll tide! :D I need to start watching Downton Abbey. I wonder if I could find Season One on DVD or on APple TV. I think I am going to look for it!

xoxoxoxo,
RJ

Paula@SweetPea said...

I need to check out Downtown Abbey. I keep reading about it all over the 'net. Glad to hear your spring cleaning is going well!

Mamarazzi said...

i love my vacuum too, it truly is the little things isn't it?!

we are enjoying gorgeous weather here as well...sooo HAPPY!

thanks for linking up, i love when you do!