Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spring Cleaning 2011

As I mentioned in my 2012 Resolutions post - 12 in 12 - my big resolution for January is to spring clean the entire house.

As a couple of you observed - it's not exactly spring yet.  But as I've mentioned a few times - I really don't like waiting until spring when the weather is finally nice to do these inside chores.  January just works for me.  I got started on Monday and it's going really well! 

And from the looks of the January magazine covers at Target yesterday - I'm not the only one who likes to clean out and organize in January.  And many bloggers are doing the same thing, so I know I'm in good company!

I'm using a combination of my Google calendar approach for spring cleaning that I shared here, and the notebook approach that I borrowed from Sarah at Clover Lane a couple of years ago and that I've shared here and here.  The two work really well for me. 

I love nothing more than weeding out and taking a load to Goodwill.

Somewhat related, in case you didn't know, you can clean your car floor mats in the washing machine.


I cleaned two cars' worth of floor mats Monday and they look so much better.

If you're looking to spring clean in the near future, here is a great list I found on Pinterest from Kelly at "The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking" that you could modify and follow.  It has been repinned numerous times!

And, while we're talking about Pinterest, here are some other gems:




ha ha




Have a great week!




No comments: