Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Hoover Dam

As we left Las Vegas and headed towards The Grand Canyon, we had to make a stop at the Hoover Dam to show the boys.  David and I toured the Dam years and years ago.  We knew the boys would be impressed.

Lake Mead in Boulder City, NV headed towards the Hoover Dam

Lake Mead


The newly built Hoover Dam Bypass across the Dam




From the parking garage, looking out towards the Dam.  The mountainous region around that area is really beautiful! 

I think the Visitors Center and other National Park service buildings and monuments are really pretty.



Thomas heard another kid say that rubbing the monument's foot was good luck, so we had to stop by.



The Dam is on the border between Nevada and Arizona (and their two different time zones)

In the distance you can see the clock for Arizona time, where Arizona begins

I find myself always lifting my chin to make sure I'm in the photos because Thomas is nearing my height

Crossing the bypass over the dam as we head towards The Grand Canyon! 


No comments: