Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, April 30, 2012

What I'm Reading - April 2012


Well I really fell behind in my reading in April.  The weather was too pretty I guess!
I did work on both of my Book Club April books, and I'll share those with you.
And I re-read a couple of books, but the pile next to my bed is growing, so I'd better get on it!


The Night Circus
My daytime book club "As the Page Turns" chose The Night Circus as our April read.  It is a story of a circus in the late 1800s/early 1900s that magically appears and is open only at night.  It's a story of magic but feels very real.  It's imaginative and romantic and certainly deserves a read.  While I tend to prefer more realism to magic, it was a fun read and lent itself to a great discussion.

Liked It


Stiff:  The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
I tried.  I really did.
The Litwits (my nighttime book club) read this book for our April read, but I just couldn't do it.
What saved this book for me was the humor. 
It is a rather hilarious read about what happens to the human body post-mortem.
The fact-by-fact descriptions were way too much information for me.  I stopped about 2/3 of the way in. 
Another great discussion though in our book club!
Many people have read all of Mary Roach's books, so were prepared for her style and in-depth descriptions.  I apparently was not!

Didn't Like It

And that's all I read (new) in April!
What are you reading?

No comments: