Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Happy List #3


Thanks again to Mamarazzi for hosting the Happy List party this weekend.
It's always fun to share the random things that have made me happy recently!

Vacation Bible School
What a fun experience it was to direct VBS this year.
I had outstanding volunteers and had a really good time with all the little ones.
But boy was I worn out on Friday :)



Opportunities to Serve
And speaking of church, Thomas and friends left yesterday morning for a 7 day mission trip in the Appalachian region of Kentucky. 
Nineteen 6th-12th graders (and a few wonderful adults) are serving a church and school for the week.
  They are doing a number of service projects during the day and leading VBS for a lot of little ones in that community in the evenings. 
We're so proud of Thomas for happily being a part of this (his first) mission trip. 
My gosh, he's growing up (kneeling in the yellow shirt below).

Girlfriends!
These are some of the sweetest people you'd ever meet
Monta, Jackie, Sarah, Me, Beth
Beth and family moved to England 18 months ago and she was back in town for 1 day so we all got together at our house this afternoon.  It was so much fun catching up and hearing about Beth's family's life in England.  We miss her!

A New Toy
Technically this should be on David's "Happy List" but because I blog for our crew, I get to add it here.  David bought a new toy and we picked it up yesterday.  It's a sweet little car and we're all enjoying it a lot.  Strangely, he has not handed over the second key to me yet.  Hmmm.   I'm sure we'll enjoy our new addition for years to come!  And it gives David a new hobby :)

2004 Audi S4

It's been a happy week!

2 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is a great Happy List! I miss not teaching VBS. I taught for a very long time, though. Your friends look like a sweet group. Your new car is so pretty, Bonnie!!! I love the color :D

I love My Happy List...it is my favorite linky party!

Aubrey S. said...

Wow a new car! That's awesome!

Have a fabulous week!