Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Fruit Recipes

We have tried out a few new Summer Fruit recipes lately that I wanted to share.
The produce has been so sweet and perfect lately.
I could eat fruit all day long.

Grilled Pineapple
Sweet and delicious grilled pineapple from Gina's Skinny Recipes
I am so glad I recently found this blog. 
All of Gina's dishes are healthy and look so yummy. 
I've bookmarked many to try out.
You can find this recipe at the link above.
You marinate the pineapple in honey, olive oil, lime juice, and cinnamon and grill them for about 4 minutes on each side. 
So sweet and delicious!
I love fresh pineapple by itself, but grilling it was really tasty.

Grilled Bananas
I recently saw this recipe on eighteen25.
I knew I had to try it out immediately.
My photo is not flattering.
The grilled bananas were so yummy.
You split open bananas about half-way and pull apart a little bit.
I topped ours with mini chocolate chips and walnuts and then grilled them following the directions.
Next time I will turn the grill down a little and cook them a little longer.
I served them for dessert and they were so good!

Orange Creamsicle Summer Fruit Dip
I've been looking for a good time to try out this recipe that I saw at Madigan Made a couple of months ago. 
I made it this weekend when girlfriends came over. 
It was light and delicious with fresh cut fruit.

You can find the full recipe (and beautiful photos) at the link above.
You mix Cool Whip, vanilla pudding mix, and orange juice and serve with fresh fruit.
Everyone loved it today and I wrote down the recipe for my friends before they left.
I also gave some to Brennan with his lunch today to dip his grapes in.
He reports that it's delicious with cut up cucumbers as well (that were not necessarily meant to be dipped!)

Served with lemonade and water out by the pool - perfect snack while we got caught up!
Summer Fruit is the best!

4 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Oh my, I will definitely try the grilled pineapple. I will serve it with Teriyaki chicken. Yummeh for the tummeh!!!


Thanks for posting these recipes, Bonnie!

Sarah, Three Boys said...

That looks amazing! I think I am inviting myself over for dinner:)

Jen@eighteen25 said...

so glad to hear the grilled banana boats were yummy! i still need to give them a try. i know we used to eat them when i was a teenager camping... but it's been a long time since i've had one.
also... love that tray you have your fruit on... too cute!!
thanks so much for sharing with us!!
jen :)

Brandi said...

your summer recipes look delicious.