Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reading and Random


Just a reminder that Ricki Jill and I will be hosting our "What We're Reading" linky party on July 20th.  The party will be here at my blog this month.  My goal is 15 links at this month's party, so if you've been doing some summer reading, please plan to link up with us to share!

NPR had an article about the popularity of Young Adult literature with adults right now.  I know a lot of you are YA readers, but this world is pretty new to me.  It was great to see it's become so popular.  Several of the books in the article are on my bedside shelf, waiting for me.

I told you about the summer reading program the boys and I put together this year.  They're happily moving right along with their reading.  Our library has great recommendation lists that have been really helpful in picking out new books to read. 

When Brennan reached 15 points (a trip anywhere in town) he chose to go to Zaharakos for lunch and ice cream last week. 
I love Instagram iPhone photos!

Thomas reached that level yesterday so after VBS today we're heading to our local children's museum - his choice.

More reading means we naturally do less of this...
LaGuardia airport - DS time

And final Instagram photo for you...
Brennan pointed out that there wasn't as much noise pollution in New York City as he thought there would be.  I had to agree.  In years past the streets were so loud.  It was more peaceful this trip.  I wonder if this has anything to do with it.


4 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I read tons of YA novels because I want to see what my girls are reading. Cassandra Clare is one of my favorite writers, and she writes YA books exclusively. I also like Holly Black's books. Looking forward to our party next week :D

xoxoxox,
Ricki Jill

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Bonnie. You are still listed as a "no reply." Usually, even when I get a "no reply" I can open the email and the person's name/Blogger profile is listed/highlighted and I can just hop over that way. For you, I had to open my blog, scroll through the comments, find your comment, and click on your name there.

From there, it took me straight to your blog, instead of to your profile. I had to go through the blog to find your profile. I can see that you have an email address, but for some reason, it is not showing up when you leave a comment.

I'd suggest logging out of Blogger, logging back in, and then being sure to hit "Save Profile" after editing it again.

Jennifer Juniper said...

We started out strong then with vacations we've petered out with the reading :( Back on track in August!

LindyLouMac said...

Just been reading all your most recent posts, the Boatwrights have been busy. YA is a genre I really do not like, as a librarian and parent I feel it is wrong to tell a teenager what they can and cannot read which is basically what this is doing! Every one is different and the move from child to adult novels should be by personal choice not labelling!